WHO WE ARE
As Greece’s largest privately-owned hotel chain,Mitsis Hotels has been a tourism pioneer for over 45 years now, making its own mark on Greece’s tourist industry, driven by a customer - centered philosophy and the promise of an unparalleled holiday experience.
With over 4.500 employees and 20 hotels in 5 unique destinations in Athens, Crete, Kamena Vourla, Kos and Rhodes, we aspire to stand out as the preferred portfolio of hotels & resorts in Greece offering excellent service, great locations, impeccable facilities, sophisticated dining and a broad spectrum of options for our clientele. We bring to life enriching experiences for our guests, making the most of our unparalleled family touch and genuine Greek essence, always seeking to be flexible and adaptable to individual customer needs and the mindset of new generations. Transforming each visitor into a special guest is the key to our success.
Mitsis hotels has been awarded several prizes by local and international tour operators and travel organizations in recognition of the high quality of the services provided, its contribution to upgrading local tourism and its respect for the environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We recognize the invaluable contribution our people bring to our growth within our group. The key to our success lies in the passion they bring in their work every day. If you are passionate about what you do and are interested in the luxury hospitality industry, discover in the following section why you should create your own career story at Mitsis Hotels Group.
Our founder Konstantinos Mitsis, started out with a small knitting factory back in 1954, which quickly grew into a textile industry, succeeded by winery, construction, mass media and, since 1975, the largest privately-owned hotel company in Greece. Vision and determination have helped us come a long way but it’s our culture and family spirit that has made us who we are today. Our values, empathy, adaptability and surprise are deeply rooted in our culture and our personality traits are reflected in all our employees: warm at heart, multifaceted and insightful. Our mission is to stand out as the preferred portfolio of hotels & resorts in Greece offering excellent service, great locations, impeccable facilities, sophisticated dining, and a broad spectrum of options where guests can choose what best fits with them.
Developing our people
At Mitsis Hotels we recognize that our people are the key to our success, so we are committed to helping you develop your knowledge, skills and abilities through our processes.
- Training: We provide an ecosystem of training programmes and seminars to support our employees at every stage of their career and development within our organisation. From our induction training program to on-the-job development we provide the tools you need to succeed. Use of electric golf type cars for our guests and the transportation of goods.
- Evaluation: End of the year evaluation of skills and competences to help you create your own personal development plan.
- Mobility: We encourage you to gain experience in various locations and disciplines within our group to fully understand the hospitality business.
- Leader support: We promote people from within by identifying a pipeline of internal candidates for the company’s top positions.
Providing equal opportunities
Our diverse workplace is built on an open and inclusive corporate culture where respect, trust, passion, and teamwork are at the core for creating a great work environment.
Compensation and benefits
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits, which reward performance, development of skills and group success.
- Incentive schemes, which depend on your role, level, experience, skills and contribution. As you advance professionally, this will also develop.
- Accommodation to a great number of employees in all our 20 hotels in 5 destinations and free transportation to and from work.
- Staff restaurants are available for everyone free of charge on site.
- Vacation and leave of absence policies based on your level and years of service.
- Discounts to our employees at all Mitsis Hotels for services and products.
We communicate information and important group news and announcements to all our staff. There is an ongoing commitment from our management teams to enhance a transparent and two-way communication for continuous improvement.
Health and safety
Health and safety policies at Mitsis Hotels are a priority and are maintained throughout all our hotels as our staff’s health, safety, and well-being is our first priority. We are certified with all applicable standards such as HACCP & ISO and with global industry environmental and sustainability accreditations such as Travelife.